1. A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure a reservation. The balance is due 30 days prior to arrival. Cancellations must be in writing and received by RPM Services. In case of cancellations, no refund of monies paid will be made until the cancelled period is re-rented. If the unit is not re-rented, all monies paid shall be forfeited. If the cancelled period is re-rented, any monies paid will be refunded less a $50 administrative fee.
2. Guaranteed Check-in time is 3:00 p.m. If the property you are renting has been cleaned and inspected prior to your arrival on your check-in day, we will release it to you immediately with prior approval. If you arrive early and your home is still in the process of being cleaned or is waiting to be cleaned, we will offer you an Early Check-in Option. Early Check-in will allow you limited access to get your groceries in a refrigerator, your belongings into the house and give you the use of a bathroom. Keys can be picked up at the office. Keys will not be issued with a balance owing or without a signed rental agreement in our possession unless otherwise arranged.
3. Late Check-In: If your check-in day is on Sunday, or if you are planning to arrive after 5:00 p.m. on any other day, you need to contact us in advance to make arrangements to pick up your keys at our Langosta Office. There you’ll find a packet in your name, which will contain two sets of keys, a map, and directions to the property. If you have any questions or problems, please come into the office by noon the next day.
4. Check-out time is 10:00 a.m. on your check-out day. No exceptions unless otherwise arranged! Please understand that it is a challenge to prepare all our properties between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. for the next guests, so 10:00 a.m. is a firm check-out time. A $50 hour fee will be charged for each hour (or portion thereof) past the required check out time unless previously arranged. If you expect to check-out before our office opens in the morning, please make arrangements with us in advance about where to leave your keys. A $50 per item fee will be charged for each lost or unreturned set of keys.
5. Cancellations must be in writing and received by RPM Services. In case of cancellations, no refund of monies paid will be made until the cancelled period is re-rented. If the unit is not re-rented, all monies paid shall be forfeited. If the cancelled period is re-rented, any monies paid will be refunded less a $50 administrative fee.
6. Pets are not permitted in any of RPM’s rental properties. Violation is grounds for immediate termination of the rental agreement with no refunds.
7. Sleeping Capacity and Disturbances: Tenants and all other occupants will be required to vacate the premises and forfeit the rental fee and security deposit for any of the following: A.) Occupancy exceeding the sleeping capacity stated on the reservation confirmation. B.) Using the premises for any illegal activity. C.) Causing damage to the premises rented or to any of the neighboring properties. D.) Occupancy and use of the premises and common areas in such a fashion that disturbs or offends other guests or residents. E.) Smoking inside the house or condo. Smoking is only allowed outside. F.) Any other acts which interferes with neighbors’ right to quiet enjoyment of their property. We wish you to have an enjoyable vacation, but you must respect the rights of other guests.
8. Appliance Malfunctions: There are no rebates or refunds issued for any malfunctions or service requests for air conditioning, televisions, hot tubs, pools, appliances, elevators etc. as every good faith effort is made to insure the property is maintained to highest standards. Every effort will be made to affect repairs as quickly as possible. Additionally, no refunds will be given due to power blackouts, water shortage, flooding, or construction at adjacent properties.
9. Care of Property: You are expected to care for the property as if it were your own. In addition, you acknowledge that unless RPM Services is notified within 24 hours of check-in of any damage or cleaning concerns, then thereafter, all damages or concerns to the property during your stay will be your responsibility.
Each property will be inspected, and cleaned after your departure. The rental fee you have paid will provide for three hours of normal cleaning so that you can enjoy your vacation up to the last moment. If additional cleaning is required, appropriate charges will be deducted from your security deposit at the rate of $25 per hour. We ask that you leave the property in a clean condition to include the following: All trash removed. All dishes washed and put away. All doors and windows closed and locked. All air conditioners off. All keys returned to the office by check out time. All breakage reported to the office. Failure to comply will give RPM Services the right to deduct appropriate sums from your security deposit plus a $25.00 processing fee prior to returning the balance.
10.Telephones are provided in most properties, and if provided, Tenant may make unlimited calls within Costa Rica. International calls are separate and Tenant is expected to use their calling card or make a third party credit card call unless a VOIP phone is provided. All phones are blocked for direct dial international calls.
11.What We Supply: The property is equipped and set up as a fully furnished property that will include bedspreads, linens, pillows, towels, beach towels, and a fully equipped kitchen.
12. What You Should Bring: Plan on packing your personal toiletry items. Since we provide only a limited supply of toilet paper, paper towels, and other dispensable items to get you started on your first day of vacation, you should plan on making a trip to the grocery store to replenish these items as you need them.
13.Locked Areas for which Tenant is not provided a key, such as owners personal storage areas, are exempt from this lease agreement and are off limits. You will be required to vacate the premises and forfeit the rental fee and security deposit for forced entry into these areas and will be charged for damage and/or missing items.
14. Tenant’s Liability: You agree to accept liability for any damages caused to the property (other than normal wear and tear) by you or your guests, including, but not limited to, landscaping, misuse of appliances, and/or equipment furnished. If damages are in excess of the security deposit being held, you agree to reimburse RPM Services for costs incurred to repair or replace damaged items.
15. In the unlikely event that the RPM Serivces is unable to deliver said property to you under this lease agreement prior to occupancy because of fire, eminent domain, act of nature, double booking, delay in construction or any other reason whatsoever, you agree that RPM Services sole liability as a result of these conditions is a full refund of all monies previously paid to RPM. Pursuant to the terms of this lease, you expressly acknowledge that in no event shall RPM Services be held liable for any consequential or secondary damages.
16. Hold Harmless : RPM Services does not assume any liability for loss, damage or injury to persons or their personal property. Neither do we accept liability for any inconvenience arising from any temporary defects or stoppage in supply of water, gas, electricity or plumbing. Nor will RPM Services accept liability for any loss or damage caused by weather conditions, natural disasters, acts of God, or other reasons beyond its control.
17. Additional Terms or Conditions: The undersigned, for himself/herself, his/her heirs, assignors, executors, and administrators, fully releases and discharges RPM Services and the Owner from any and all claims, demands and causes of action by reason of any injury or whatever nature which has or have occurred, or may occur to the undersigned, or any of his/her guests as a result of, or in connection with the occupancy of the premises and agrees to hold RPM Services and the Owner free and harmless of any claim or suit arising there from.
18. Acknowledgement: I acknowledge that I have reviewed and understand the terms of this lease and agree to be bound thereby.